Contact Lens Fitting Fees
We would like to thank you for considering a contact lens fitting with Eye Physicians of Austin. After you receive a thorough examination by one of our Board Certified Ophthalmologists, we ask that you stop by our contact lens department to schedule an appointment with our contact lens fitter, Mannu Templin.
If you currently wear contact lenses and no changes have been made to the prescription or to the fit, you may purchase your current lenses for up to a one-year supply from the day of your exam. Per Texas state law, contact lens prescriptions are valid for one year.
All fitting fees are due at the time of fitting and are non-refundable.
Fitting fees do not include your purchase cost of the lenses.
Monovision and Multifocal lenses are upgraded lenses. After the initial fitting fee, additional fees will be incurred for additional fittings that are necessary to complete the upgrade process.
All Custom Soft Lenses, Hard Lenses, and Rigid Gas Permeable Lenses, are a customized fit and prices are determined by the type of lens and by the complexity of the fit.
Contact Lens Fitting Fees
- New soft spherical lens(es) w/insertion and removal training - $100
- Current wearer soft spherical lens(es) w/adjustment or refit - $85
- New soft Toric lens(es) with insertion and removal training - $125
- New soft monovision lens(es) with insertion and removal training - $125
- New soft Toric monovision lens(es) with insertion and removal training - $125
- Current wearer soft Toric lens(es) – adjustment or refit - $95
- Current wearer monovision len(es) – adjustment or refit - $95
- New soft multifocal lens(es)with insertion and removal training - $200
- Current wearer multifocal lens(es) – adjustment or refit - $110
- New Kerasoft lens(es) - $225
**Prices are for professional fitting fee only and do not include lenses.
On the day of your contact lens fitting, please do not wear eyeliner or mascara.
Many disposable soft contact lenses are available in complimentary trials. However, some types of contacts lenses are not available in complimentary trials, i.e., colored soft lenses, gas perms, or planned replacement. These lenses must be purchased.
The purchase of contact lenses must be paid for in full at time of dispensing. Changes in the lenses can be made within the first three months only. If, within the first three-month period, you feel contacts are not for you, we will credit your account. If gas perm contacts are returned in good condition, or if soft lens boxes are not expired and are unopened, and you purchased those contacts from Eye Physicians of Austin, and are in good condition and in the original bottles. THE FITTING FEE WILL NOT BE REFUNDED OR CREDITED. Fairness to Contact Lens Consumers Act: This act went into effect February 4, 2004. As stated by this Act, you are entitled to a copy of your contact lens prescription once the prescription is finalized by our contact lens department. Receiving a trial lens IS NOT a finalized prescription. Contact lens prescriptions are valid for one year, per Texas state law.